FESTIVAL LUIGI NONO ALLA GIUDECCA
October 5 – 9, 2017
music dance exhibitions films meetings readings
Festival Luigi Nono alla Giudecca is an interdisciplinary project, to listen to and watch, dedicated to the Venetian composer Luigi Nono (Venice, 29.01.1924 – 8.5.1990) who lived on this island for most of his life. Promoted by FALN, the Festival collaborates with different entities that work in the cultural, social and artistic fields: SILOS Art Inside Venezia; Emergency, sede di Venezia; Centro Culturale “Renato Nardi”; Centro Teatrale di Ricerca; CZ95 – Centro Culturale Zitelle; Teatro Junghans; IVESER Istituto Veneziano per la Storia della Resistenza e della società contemporanea; Spazio Bocciofila; Studio Giudecca 860; Spazio Punch; Cantiere Navale Gruppo Faldis; ARCI Luigi Nono; Trattoria Altanella; CUCINA SNACK “La Palanca”.
The festival aims to show a comprehensive portrait of Luigi Nono’s life and work on the Giudecca with events of music and dance, expositions of photographs and of documents, screenings of audiovisual documents, meetings with students, readings and a round table discussion.
The background is Giudecca during the years of the postwar reconstruction, when important battles for civil, scholastic and social rights were being carried out.
All the associations and institutions involved participate with activities specifically created for this project. The Luigi Nono Archive is offering all the relevant documents for the realization of the various projects that connect his biography to the Giudecca’s historical and social context, from the 1950s to the present.
The press conference is set for October the 3rd, 2017 at the Trattoria Altanella at 11:30 AM. Trattoria Altanella, Calle delle Erbe 268; Giudecca, Venezia. Phone: + 39 041 5227780.
The festival opening is set for October 5th at 4:30 PM at Spazio Silos Art Inside Venezia with Nuria Schoenberg Nono and Massimo Cacciari presenting the Archivio Luigi Nono and its activities. A round table entitled Luigi Nono: La Nostalgia del futuro will follow.
Thoughts on Luigi Nono and on his role inside the scenario of the revolutions of the Twentieth Century.
Speakers: Massimo Donà, Mario Messinis, Stefano Bassanese, Veniero Rizzardi, Alvise Vidolin, with the participation of David Riondino who will read texts by Luigi Nono during the conference.
Among the events:
- Virgilio Sieni with the choreography Respiro based on Luigi Nono’s Das atmende Klarsein. Choreographer Virgilio Sieni, executive director of the Biennale Danza from 2013 to 2016, will work with 6 or 8 non-professional dancers from Venice to stage an original choreography.
- Hanif Kureishi with a Reading and a meeting entitled Intolleranza oggi at the Spazio Emergency with Rossella Miccio, president of Emergency, introducing the event. Meeting moderated by Francesco Cataluccio.
- The exposition: Luigi Nono, Prometeo. Tragedia dell’ascolto. Photos by Graziano Arici at the Spazio Bocciofila. An exhibition of selected photographs of the world premiere of the opera at San Lorenzo Church in Venice, September 25th-29th 1984.
- Projection of documentary films at the Junghans Theater from the 50’s and the 60’s using music by Luigi Nono, conserved at AAMOD. Presented by Roberto Ellero and Roberto Calabretto.
- Gualtiero Bertelli’s live concert: Contar e cantar Venessia. A musical story at the CZ 95, Centro culturale Zitelle.